Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas

It's Christmas Eve here already. How time flies when you're having fun! Everyone who knows me well, knows that I am not filled with the Christmas spirit. Mom considers it my inheritance from Dad because it certainly didn't come from her side! I thought it would get better down here with the heat and sunshine. Something altogether unexpected happened instead -- I want Christmas with my family in the cold, gray Indiana gloom.

How could this happen? For close to 30 years, I've dreaded Christmas and here I am in paradise daydreaming about snow and cheese-salad sandwiches? What the hell? I've got it made this year! Beautiful weather, wonderful people to spend time with and the man of my dreams. The best part is they aren't MY family! No stress! You know I love you all dearly, but let's face it, you're loud and overwhelming.

But no! I have to start missing you guys and your peanut butter fudge, and pink icing sugar cookies, and the kids running wild and the men getting grouchy. The fun you will have at Stori and Jamey's and the peace of knowing each other forever and knowing you always have a home there. So once again, I had to travel all the way across the world to find out how blessed my life has always been.

Every year since I've met Ken, he has sent me a Christmas email and promised to raise a glass in my honor. It's wonderful that this year we can actually toast each other in person, but I will definitely be raising my glass in your honor. To my family and dear friends this holiday season, enjoy each other, love each other, and have a fantastic Christmas and even better 2010.

Love and Christmas Blessings to you all,
Courtney

1 comment:

  1. MERRY CHRISTMAS, JUNIE MOON. IT IS ALMOST TIME FOR THE KIDS TO ARRIVE AND ITS DIFFICULT TO IMAGINE YOU WILL NOT BE WITH US. i HAVE A CHRISTMAS PACKAGE GOING OUT ON MONDAY WITH SOME REMINDERS OF HOME, HOPE THEY ALL MAKE IT TO YOU. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE CHRISTMAS TO CELEBRATE THE LOVE OF FAMILY AND OUR CHILDREN. THREE OR 34, YOU ARE STILL OUR CHILD, OUR DARLING DAUGHTER. WE ARE THRILLED YOU ARE LIVING THE LIFE YOU ALWAYS WANTED AND DESERVE. AND WE WILL COME SEE YOU BEFORE LONG. MIKE AND CAROL ARE INTERESTED IN COMING, TOO. EVENTUALLY MAYBE WE WILL ALL MAKE IT DOWN UNDER. NOT ALL TOGETHER!!!! ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS WITH YOUR NEW FAMILY. LOVE TO KEN. MOM AND DAD

    ReplyDelete