Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dear Trent,

It was so cool to get your video message! Are you finally starting to like My Morning Jacket or just missing your little sister that much? It hit me that this is the longest I've ever been away from home. That sounds (and is) so small-town but it's true! Even in college I came back almost every weekend. There is absolutely no way I could have done this in the years before the internet. Getting emails, video messages, and chatting on Facebook makes it seem like I'm just around the corner instead of on the other side of the world.

But I am on the other side of the world and as you guys are gearing up for summer vacations and hot weather, I'm wearing my uggs, jeans and jumpers (sweaters), putting an extra blanket on the bed, and getting the flu! Not the dreaded Swine Flu, of course. What a lot of drama for nothing... The days are clear and brisk and the evenings are downright chilly. It's a beautiful time. (Or would be if I weren't sick!)

The amazing thing about being sick is that Ken is taking such good care of me. He's cooking soup, bringing me tea, entertaining me endlessly with his goofiness. What a treasure! I hate to get mushy, but I am so lucky he waited all these years for me.

I'm spending the day knitting a little, reading a little from my latest batch of library books and listening to the radio. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be completely over this crappy flu and we can have a nice weekend doing something outside.

Give Shay and Gavin a hug for me!
Love,
Court

2 comments:

  1. Hate to hear your sick,and yes mmj is growing on me,I've got to see them live.You talking about the weather getting cooler makes you realize how big this old world is.Talk to you soon love,Trent

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd give in to the power of Jim James... Just wait until you see them live, it's life-changing! :)
    Love you and miss you

    ReplyDelete