Monday, June 29, 2009

Dear Stori,




It's been a week since we've been home from Queen Mary Falls and Toowoomba. I haven't written my letter about that trip because my head has been full of more serious things. It was a beautiful rainy weekend in the bush. I hope you've had a chance to look at my pictures of the birds and the waterfalls. Lynn and Eddie were fantastic - so much fun to spend time with them. We had lovely little cabins. They were so lovely, Ken and I decided we could just live in one on our own little piece of land! Once we win the lotto...

On Monday we had a really great lunch with Ken's mother in Toowoomba. She fixed some of her famous pea soup and it really hit the spot on that rainy day! It was wonderful to spend some time visiting with her. We looked at family photos and chatted for a couple of hours. I can't wait to spend more time with her in the future.

I can't stop thinking about your babies and how exciting and wonderful this time is for you. There are so many things we're going to miss doing together, but know that you are in my thoughts and in my heart always. Ian and Chad are lucky to be coming into your beautiful family. And you are so blessed to find them!

I'm going to spend most of the day knitting baby blankets! There is so much work to do and so little time! But every stitch will be full of love so that every time they snuggle up in their blankies they will feel my arms around them.

It's been a long week since we've gotten back, but I am so happy to be home again. Homesickness for the family strikes hard sometimes, but I can't imagine being anywhere else. This is truly my home now. And it will only get better as time goes by.

I love you and miss you all,
Courtney

2 comments:

  1. Well, you just made me cry. We will cherish those blankets. I do miss you so much! But at the same time am so happy for you!!!
    I did see your pictures of the birds and could picture myself there laughing at you!
    We must talk again or chat online again soon. I felt like our last conversation was a little (OK majorly) one sided. Would like to hear what those serious things are that are filling your head.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would have both been hysterical with the birds! Probably would have needed diapers! :) When you guys come to visit (hint, hint) we'll be sure to go there. The kids would love it too.

    ReplyDelete