Monday, March 23, 2009

Dear Nina,

It's been so nice getting to chat with you a bit today! I'm sorry Gavin is having such a hard night, but glad for me! It's starting to get cloudy out here now, so I probably won't do the sunbathing. But I'm sitting out on the patio getting ready to have a pot of tea. Am I that Australian already?! Have to admit, that is one really wonderful thing about this place. I love the hot tea! I'm making my first attempt at a full pot of loose leaf tea - no idea if I'm doing it right or not.

Ken went to the doctor this morning for a checkup and came home to take me to lunch and the chemist (pharmacy). Then he left again to visit his friend in hospital. Twitch has cancer and has been given only a few more weeks. Since we've been gone so much, Ken hasn't visited him for over a week now. They were in the Navy together and have been through a lot. It's wonderful that we're close enough to the hospital that Ken can visit as much as he needs.

I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but I just can't believe how happy and peaceful I am. Retirement suits me I guess! But really it's the sun and Ken. We have the best time just hanging out and talking. He talks so much! But he listens just as much too. We're so much alike that it gets a little freaky.

There are so many things I've thought of to write about, but they aren't important today. The important thing is that life is good. I knew eight years ago that one day I'd be here living this life. And now here I am living my dream. What can I say to top that?

I do miss you all, but I think we're talking more now than we ever did! Please give everyone my love and hugs and kisses. I'm going to get off of here and relax in the sun and listen to Ray Lamontagne. By the way, the tea isn't half bad! :)

I love you!
Court

6 comments:

  1. Dear Court,

    You are right that we are talking more now than ever. It is such a shame that we just assume that the ones we love will always be there. We must have no clue about how short life is to take so much for granted. Keep up the good times.
    Love ya, Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Court, I have a question for you.

    Do they have Outback Steakhouse's in Australia?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Court, It sounds like you are doing great and I am happy for you. Yes we are talking more. Kind of funny how we just take it for granted that our loved ones will always be there. We must have no clue how short life is. Keep up the happiness and we will talk again soon. Love ya, Nina

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Outback Steakhouses in Australia, sorry! And they have no idea what a "blooming onion" is either! It's a completely American invention according to Ken.

    Nina, you are too right! But how great is it that we have all this technology to keep in touch so easily?! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Courtney,

    I am enjoying reading all about your adventures in Australia more than you know! I can't tell you how ecstatic I am that you sound so happy and peaceful...you have deserved this for so long in my opinion! You have always been such a wonderful, honest, and just really great person...so this wonderful experience you are having is LONG overdue! Thanks for giving me this link and know that I'm thinking of you often and enjoying reading your updates regularly!!!

    Love,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't mean to repeat the same. comment but for some reason the original comment did not post right away. So much for technology being so fast. Love ya

    ReplyDelete