Sunday, March 15, 2009

Dear Stori,

Hey Sweetie, I've been thinking about you all day! Hope you are all doing well. Give the kids and Jamey a hug and kiss for me. It's been a quiet couple of days here. Tomorrow we leave for our holiday in Caloundra and I'm really getting excited! Like a kid waiting to go to Disney! The sky today is just marvelous. It's so blue and bright and unbelievable! I'm posting a picture of it. Not a good picture, but it'll do.

After breakfast, I called Mom and Dad. It was so nice to hear their voices. I'm trying to convince them to plan a visit here. It's definitely worth the plane ride. After I got off the phone, Ken and I walked to the shops. It's really hot right now, but feels so nice after the Indiana winter! We walked past a rugby game and stopped to watch for a bit. It's kind of like American football, and basketball and I was completely lost. But it looked like they were having a good time and so we decided to stay for a full game sometime down the road. The season is just starting apparently. We shopped for a few minutes, trying to find an adaptor power cord for my laptop and a hair dryer for me. After those tasks were accomplished, we caught the train back home and ate some sandwiches for lunch. Last night we had roast chicken and vegetables for supper. Ate like freaking pigs!

I had to pick up some shorts and a pair of capris yesterday - it's so much warmer here than I expected. But I love it. We also went to the shop for groceries and it was like Walmart on a Friday evening. Utter chaos and horror! Desperate looking moms and their heathen children screaming at each other sounds pretty much the same in Oz as it does in US. We were both so frazzled we forgot the chicken!

Ken was so sweet, he went back into town later in the afternoon and got the chicken and a really nice New Zealand Chardonnay while I was writing and lazing around outside reading in the sun. What a man! Then he fixed dinner! I did do the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen. But I've yet to cook a thing.

I'm gettting ready to go back outside for another read in the sun. I've almost finished the Watchmen book so we can see the movie while we're on holiday. Ken wants to read the book too. It's very good!

I wish you guys were here too. Hope everything is going well, send me updates!

Love,
Court

1 comment:

  1. So, glad to hear you are having such a good time and fully enjoying yourself. (As if we doubted you would!) Thanks for all the pictures and updates. I really enjoy them. I can actually hear you voice as I read your words.
    Love and miss ya, Stori
    Oh, and I so wish I was there too!

    ReplyDelete