Friday, March 27, 2009

Dear Sports Fans,

I finally found my game! Australian Rules Football is my new obsession. Ken and I watched the first game of the season tonight, and I'm hooked! This won't be a long letter because I've had a bit too much wine during the game, but it was AWESOME! Ken has promised to take me to see a real game live and I can't wait! It's the strangest combination of American football and basketball and the men are beautiful! So much fun - I don't know why we don't have it in the US. It's exciting and fast-paced, but fairly easy to follow. Well, it would have to be for me, wouldn't it?!

Of course, I cheered for the losing team, and God did they lose big! I was devastated - the other team got twice as many points as my boys. But there's a bloke that looked just like the Greatest American Hero on my team. You know, "believe it or not, I'm walking on air..." He was so awesome, but it was a total blowout. "A routing" whatever that means...

We had a very quiet day at home today. We went to the library this morning and then to the shops for some supplies. Read the day away then I got on the Wii Fit and got in my 30 minutes of exercise. Yay me! Took a shower and started dinner. We had steak and baked potatoes while we watched the last half of the footy. Yes, grown men do call it the footy! How adorable is that?

It's coming up to 9:30 Friday night, and I'm really ready for bed. Since I cooked, Ken did the dishes tonight. I'll talk to you all soon.

Love,
Court

5 comments:

  1. Somehow I'm thinking the "blokes" must be very nice or you wouldn't be hooked. I need pictures of you at a sporting event to believe it. Enjoy, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got wii fit right after you left. I really like it. Have you got into the boxing yet? Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful! We watched the Brisbane Lions play last night and they came back from a 38 point deficit to win by 19 or something! Come on Lions! (Which is pronounced "Cannaloins" here!)
    Nina - I haven't played the boxing yet, but we did bowl a couple of rounds and Ken kicked my butt so badly I'm not sure I'll do it again. :) Enjoy the Fit! It's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Court, you should see Gavin doing the wii yoga on the mat. Hilarious. He is so serious about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nina,
    You sent me a picture of him doing it! Isn't he serious about everything? :) So cute! But it's a little hard to do isn't it? Love ya!

    ReplyDelete